If you think just because you have a carpet, then you can’t have an office chair, then that assumption is wrong because you can have swivel office chairs with wheels or without wheels if you want. The only thing you should be mindful of is what kind of carpet or surface it is on.
What Is The Texture of The Carpet?
I have a carpet and I have had no problems with my office swivel chair, BECAUSE the texture and the density is rather dull.
If you have a carpet that is textured and is thick with fur or strands etc with decoration, then it might be a bad idea. The strands can get stuck in between the wheels and even damage your office chair.
Carpets that are ok
Simple carpets such as these have no problem. The material just has to be durable, and tough. It’s a bonus if the carpet is thick, because thin carpets fold and bunch up when you are trying to move around in your chair.
Carpets that are not ok
If the carpet has strands of fur, hair, or is thick, then I would stay away from office chairs on such surfaces.
How to Protect Carpet from Office Chair?
If you have carpet tiles or a durable and tough carpet, as I said you don’t need anything special as you can use all kinds of chairs on it without problems, but if you want to protect your carpet from stains or just want to move around more freely in your chair, you can get a chair mat that’s actually see through, so it won’t stand out in color.
- Designed for HARD FLOOR surfaces only. No gripper. Thickness: 2.0mm thicker, anti-slide coating on the underside which is designed to keep them firmly in place while in use.
- No Phthalate, No Toxins, No Cadmium, No Tin and No Lead. keep a healthy indoor environment while give your floor and furniture the best protection.
- This PVC chair mat is ergonomically designed to provide added ease of movement, it's very flexible, which proven to reduce leg fatigue by taking the strain off your legs. you can choose the Rectangle one or the one with lip as you like
- Effectively helps to prevent damage to hard flooring caused by your office chair casters or wheels. Under standard use will not crack, curl, break, scratch or discolor
- Multipurpose Use: ChairMat, Wood Floor protector,Computer/Office Mat. Suitable for hard floors including vinyl, stone, tile, wood, laminate and concrete. Not recommended for carpet, please see our carpet mat if you need.
Do You Need a Chair Mat on Carpet?
It doesn’t hurt to be careful, so a chair mat will allow your carpet to live longer, but you don’t necessarily need a chair mat for carpets that are suited for office environments.
However, for luxury, fur, wool, etc carpets that have sensitive material, it’s probably a good idea and recommended that you get one.